The Men’s Club meets every month as well as having visits to local places of interest such as the Dark Sky Observatory and Prestwick Air Traffic Control.
The Men’s Club were at Prestwick ATC Tower on Monday 7 October, and during the visit there was an emergency when a Canadian Airforce P3 Orion reported smoke in cockpit after it landed. A full scale emergency was called and the airport was closed for 25 mins or so! As you can imagine we got our money’s worth.
Future meetings are as follows:-
- Jan 6. Bob McMillan (Ayrshire at War)
- Jan 20. Andy Guthrie (Myths of Ancient Scotland)
- Feb 3. Jim Irvine (Old Trams of Ayr)
- Feb 17. Return of the Football Referees
- Mar 2. Dennis Rattenbury (Smugglers)
- Mar 18. A.G.M.
Copies of the Kingcase Church Calendars 2020 are now on sale. The collection of winning photographs from the recent competition held by the Men’s club would make a delightful Christmas gift. They are available to view at the end of both services.